La Société d’Encouragement du Sport Nautique (Society for the Encouragement of Nautical Sports), or simply "Encou", is one of the historic rowing clubs of France: created in 1879, founding member of the French Federation of Rowing Societies in 1890, Pierre de Coubertin's residence club... From its creation to the present day, l'Encou has held high the values of sport and Olympism and has won more than 100 French, European and World championship titles, including the Olympic title in 1952. Today, the Club is still ranked in the 1st division, l'Encou rowers regularly enrich the French rowing teams - and the most talented rowers represent France at the Olympics. The Club is located in a preserved environment on an island in the Marne, and has the facilities necessary for the activities of its 300 members (250 active rowers - including about a hundred competitors): boat garage with 130 boats, 5 following boats, fitness room, changing rooms, honour room (which can accommodate up to 100 seated people), bar and kitchen. The Marne is navigable for 13km around the Encou, with limitations imposed on motorised navigation. Less than 500 metres from the club: 3 hotels (*** and ****), 4 restaurants, Olympic swimming pool. The city center of Nogent (1 km) has all the shops. Direct public transport to Paris 800m away. Finally, l'Encou is 1.5 km from the headquarters of the French Rowing Federation, and 20 km (max 30 minutes) from the basin of Vaires, where the rowing events are scheduled.
- Environment and tried and tested equipment for international rowers: fitness room, rowing boats, garage, etc.
- Hotels (*** and **** category) and restaurants at less than 500 meters of the sport facilities
- Direct public transport to Paris 800m away
- Reception room with seats for up to 80-100 people
- Nearby (1.500 m) the French Rowing Federation (Fédération Française d’Aviron)
Hotel: The Hotel du Port **** is completely renovated.
Location: Ideally located on the Nogent-Sur-Marne marina : Cruise to Paris
Facilities : The Hôtel du Port has several areas including a business centre, reception rooms, meeting rooms, rooftop and a cinema (180 seats for private video projection).
- Catering : the chef offers seasonal home-made cuisine.
20 km from the bassin de Vaires where the rowing events will be run in 2024 – with little traffic jam (max 30 minutes).
- Pierre de Coubertin rowed… at l’Encou
- In 1890, Encou participated in the creation of the French Federation of Rowing Companies.
- In 1952, Raymond Salles and Gaston Mercier, members of l’Encou, were Olympic champions in men’s doubles.
Meeting room Hospital nearby Weights room On-site accomodation