Rowing Para rowing
The rowing centre of the Saint-Cassien Lake is a 600 square metre training centre solely dedicated to rowing. It has just been renovated and extended (delivery end of 2021), it is perfectly equipped to host high-level trainings all year round, and has a large terrace overlooking the lake. The Saint-Cassien Lake benefits from perfect weather conditions which enables you to train all year around. The lake circumference is 13 kilometres long, with three training areas of 1.5 km, 2 km and 3 km. Very easy access from Nice Côte d’Azur airport, TGV train stations and A8 motorway (exit n°39). Equipment:
- 1000 square meters of locked garage to store the boats, including 100 square meters available for teams in training camp (possibility of storing skiffs, doubles, fours and eights in this garage).
- Workshop to repair boats.
- Stands and crossbars are also available to store the boats outside.
- Two men and two women locker rooms with showers and toilets.
- 2 physical preparation rooms of 100 square meters each, fully equipped and rowing targeted, available 4 hours a day minimum.
- A 100 square metres room equipped with a TV screen, around forty seats and a kitchen for meetings, video debriefing or meals.
- A treatment room with a physiotherapist table.
- An office for coaches.
- 3 specific piers for large rowing boats.
- 3 motorboats minimum for safety and coaching.
Located in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region, in the South-East of France, close to the Riviera, the Saint-Cassien lake benefits from exceptionnal weather conditions, even during the winter. Sheltered from the wind, and without motor boats, it is ideal for olympic rowing.
Surrounded by forests and mountains, the lake is a magnificent site, with numerous opportunites for outdoor sport activities, such as walking, jogging and mountain biking.
The centre is situated within the vindicity of very good quality all inclusive accommodation and restaurants.
Permanent training center for competition teams of Monaco, Nice, Cannes-Mandelieu et Pays de Fayence teams.
Training centre of “Pôle Espoir PACA”.
Regular training centre for the winter trainings of French national teams.
Welcoming national teams and foreign clubs every year: England, Germany, Swizerland, Belgium, Italy, Argentina, Spain, Ukrain…
Very dynamic local club with 200 members who practice rowing in all its forms: School, Competition, Leisure and avi-fit.
The Saint-Cassien Lake is a remarkable site and is home to two protected areas: the Fondurane biotope and the area of Fustières.
The Maison du Lac (free entrance) introduces you to the area and its local products.
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Hospital nearby Weights room