In operation since 2003, Rhenus Sport is a multi-sport facility that can be configured as a basketball venue (6,100 seats in the stands) as well as a handball venue (5,565 seats). It has a lighting level of up to 3000 lux.
Ø The playing surfaceTechnical platform: 56 m X 35 m Height under ceiling beams: 11.72 m
- Available floor coverings:
Rhenus is the largest indoor sports facility in the city of Strasbourg. It is located in the European district (Wacken), opposite the prestigious European Parliament.
There is a tram stop right in front of the building, which also has a car park.
Equipped with 4 change rooms, 2 reception areas, meeting rooms, a storage room, a weight room, an infirmary, an anti-doping room, a press conference room, a massage area with a cold bath and a new basketball parquet floor (2019), Rhenus will be the ideal venue for handball and basketball teams.
The scoreboards are also new (November 2020).
The SIG Strasbourg club (Jeep Elite, Basketball Champions League) plays on this court all year round. This is also the venue for the annual handball Eurotournament with the best European teams and the national teams in Olympic years.
Some sporting events hosted at Rhenus sport:
- France-Sweden Davis Cup match in 2005
- World Volleyball League in 2007
- European Basketball Tournament in 2003, 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Thai Boxing World Championship in 2009
- French Taekwondo Championship in 2011
- International Gymnastics Gala in 2011
- Tennis Fed Cup Final in 2016
- International matches of the French men’s basketball team:France-Germany in August 2015; France-Russia in February 2018
The first round as well as the two ¼ finals of the European Women’s Basketball Championship will be held there in June 2021
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Hospital nearby Relaxation room Physiotherapy room Weights room Film screening room Sauna