Haut-Lignon : 1 000 meter altitude, the right place for champions ! Le Chambon-sur-Lignon is located at 1000 meters in Auvergne and is crossed by the Lignon river, a tributary of the Loire rive facing the Lizieux pick, an old extincted volcano and the famous Mount Mézenc, peaking at 1 753 m, the highest point of The Cévennes. Devesset and Lavalette lakes, bordering on territory, offer an unique countryside resort with a wide variety of outdoor activities. The natural turf rugby field has excellent sport facilities for a 7-a-side rugby practice. The stadium is surrounded by a closed enclosure and has an internal car park. Many accomodations and excellent services are available next to the stadium (hotels, restaurants, shops, health care services …). On the spot, you will have access to changing rooms, showers and toilets and nearby meeting-rooms and wifi connexion at the multi-activity centre « La Maison des Bretchs » Here in the Haut-Lignon we have the necessary professional skills to support high-level athletes (rugby, soccer, handball teams and so on) and a high-quality sporting equipment. We propose altitude acclimatisation courses and sporting cohesion experience. Specific programs can be proposed such as an orienteering course, an overnight in bivouac, a mountain bike course, « acccrobranche » : a monkey-bridge trail !, an exciting golf lesson, a spa, a canoe trip and why not even an amazing historical guided-tour on « Righteous and resistance here during WWII » at a time of inhabitants shared the same values as to-level athletes now ! Find out more online on www.ot-hautlignon.com
Here you are in an unspoilt environment, we will do our best to make your stay a success ! with a personalized and warm welcome and high-performance equipments. Sure our preserved landscape and the quality of our air generates a positive and invigorating energy.
Julien Deloire, XV de France rugby fitness coach (2011) says « the best way to prepare himself physically is going to middle-mountains areas, each athlete gets the benefits from fresh, highly oxygenated air especially in summer ».
Sport has always been a part of our DNA since the time we organized many major sport events :
- In 2007, the Portugal rugby team base camp during the world cup.
- In 2011, « Le XV de France » the French national rugby team trained here !
- Spring 2015, the famous ASM Clermont-Auvergne rugby club trained on the Haut-Lignon for the European Rugby Cup and the TOP 14.
- In 2017, the « Tour de France »
- Each year, many high-level sport teams train here as sport sectors are concerned : Dijon, Clermont-Ferrand, Bastia, Lille, Nîmes, Saint Etienne football teams, LOU Rugby team (Lyon), AG2R La Mondiale and Trek Segafredo for The Tour de France in 2017, Créteil Handball Team and the National’s Women Volleyball Team.
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Relaxation room Weights room Film screening room On-site accomodation