Louis Porchier Stadium
Département de la DrômeRomans-sur-Isère, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Altitude : 200m
The Porchier Complex is located in the Drôme, in Romans-sur-Isère. An attractive and welcoming city, located along the Isère river and at the foot of the Vercors mountain. The city is easily accessible from Paris (2 hours by train from the airport) and Lyon (1 hour by car). Website of the city of Romans-sur-Isère: https://www.ville-romans.fr/ The Complex hosts the training center and the head office of the rugby club of the French professional division of rugby XV (PROD2) of Valence Romans Drome Rugby (VRDR) https://www.vrdr.fr/. Dedicated to rugby and players preparation, the ultra modern complex rose from the ground in 2020 and includes: - 4 grassy rugby fields, - 6 changing rooms, - 1 main weight room of 240 m², - 1 annex bodybuilding room of 110 m², - 1 room equipped with video and sound system, - Numerous meeting rooms, - A wifi connection. Athletes will have exclusive 24-hour access to the facilities throughout their preparation period. A dedicated contact will be appointed. Located 10 minutes from the city center, and offering an ideal panorama over the Vercors, the PORCHIER complex is in a rural, quiet area, suitable for physical and sports preparation. Finally, the VRDR, a club residing in the complex, benefits from an important network of partners and local service providers, who, all sectors of activity.
Ideally situated, Rugby Complex is at 10 minutes from the city center. From hotels and restaurants are nearby.
In a radius from 1 km wed can find :
– Medical infrastructures (radiology & échography, medical laboratory, cryotherapy, balneothérapy, etc)
– Complementary sport equipments (football fields, athletics tracks, gyms, swimming pool ).
Capital of footwear, Romans is also reputed for gastronomy: Pognes and Ravioli are two specialties. From names, cultural and sporting activities are accessible, on foot or by car:
– International shoe museum,
– Chocolate city, vineyards and cellars,
– Remarkable historical heritage,
– Tree climbing course, mountain bike, hiking, etc.
The practice of rugby has been established for decades in Romans and the Club is known for its checkered jersey. In numbers :
– more than 100 years of playing Rugby in Romans-sur-Isère
– Training center is labeled by the FFR
– Romans city of origin and heart for Philippe Saint ANDRE (Captain and Coach of the French team)
– World famous players have worn the checkered jersey (Robert SORO, Lucien ROUFFIA, Sean FITZPATRICK, Simon MANNIX, ..)
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Hospital nearby Relaxation room Weights room Film screening room