Gérardmer: your leisure resort, sport and relaxation! Touristic mountain resort, between lake and forest, Gérardmer is a sporting and cultural town that lives to the rhythm of outdoor activities, thus offering an ideal setting for all sports and nature enthusiasts. The Gérardmer lake, of glacial origin, is the largest natural lake in Les Vosges and is part of the unmissable walk in the valley of the lakes which traces its furrow among Les Vosges reliefs, and all this, while composing with the wooded landscapes . Also called the Pearl of Les Vosges, Gérardmer is a breeding ground for international professional athletes. Indeed, located in the Regional Natural Park of Ballons des Vosges, the territory of Gérardmer has a perfect environment for practicing sport, to the delight of the local athletes who excel in their discipline. With more than 350 km of marked and maintained trails in the heart of nature, you can enjoy the paths of Les Vosges forest accessible to all levels. The unmissable Hautes-Vosges mountain passes, used during international competitions such as the Tour de France, offer an ideal environment for general physical preparation. La Perle des Vosges is a four-season resort offering a variety of activities, from skiing to trail running, from triathlon to rowing. Finally, after an intensive sports session, the athletes can enjoy a moment of relaxation in the evening with the panel offered by the Municipality: leisure activities (bowling, sauna ...), shops, restaurants and hotels.
The city of Gérardmer has many advantages such as:
– number of accommodations from collective accommodations to lodges, campings, hotels, or 4 * accommodations.
– many restaurants: from traditional to gourmet, through the typical restaurant
– general sport shops, cycle shops and repair
– public gymnasiums and private sport halls
– osteopaths, physiotherapists, medical homes, a hospital …
– wellness areas with massage establishments, cinemas, etc.
– many varieties of sports: triathlon, canoeing, rowing, basketball, volleyball, football, mountain, biking, cycling, gymnastics, aikido, judo, athletics, billiards, climbing, dancing, karate, tennis, yoga, diving, alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, horse riding, badminton, swimming, paragliding….
The town hosts many sporting events and also training camps for teams.
Every year since 1988 the famous international triathlon of Gérardmer with 4000 participants (Ironman France, European Cup, World Cup, European long distance championship)
Outside the lake: ski jumping, Nordic combined, alpine skiing, orienteering, trail running, judo master, car rally …
The Tour de France stopped at Gérardmer in 2005 and 2014.
- National Judo Coaching Course 2019
- French paralympic ski team 2019
- Team sports teams such as the Ligue 2 FC Sochaux football team in 2020
• French olympic ski jumping and nordic combined team every year
Meeting room Ice bath Secure storage area Infirmery Hospital nearby Relaxation room Physiotherapy room Weights room Sauna