CREPS Occitanie – Font-Romeu site
Région OccitanieFont-Romeu-Odeillo-Via, Occitanie Altitude : 1850m
- Matemale Sports centre’s stadiumStadiumFurther information
- Matemale lakeWatersports centreFurther information
- Saillagouse Mountain bike XCO trackMountain bike trackFurther information
- Vanéra Equestrian centreEquestrian centreFurther information
- Font-Romeu Equetrian centreEquestrian centreFurther information
- Font-Romeu mountain bike XCO trackMountain bike trackFurther information
- CNEA GymnasiumGymnasiumFurther information
- CNEA Indoor swimming-poolsAquatics centreFurther information
- CNEA Football stadiumsStadiumFurther information
- CNEA Road cyclinng centreRoad cycling centreFurther information
- CNEA Weightlifting roomWeightlifting gymFurther information
- CNEA Rugby fieldsStadiumFurther information
- CNEA Wrestling roomWrestling hallFurther information
- Fencing hall and shooting rangeFencing hallFurther information
- CNEA Athletics stadiumStadiumFurther information
Rugby Canoe sprint Cycling mountain bike Equestrian dressage Equestrian jumping Equestrian eventing Modern pentathlon Para equestrian dressage Handball Basketball Volleyball Judo Taekwondo Boxing Para Judo Para taekwondo Swimming Triathlon Football Cycling (road) Para cycling (road) Weightlifting Wrestling Fencing Athletics
The National Altitude Training Centre (Centre National d’Entraînement en Altitude - CNEA) in Font-Romeu, is located in the Occitanie region and is a high performance environment. At an altitude of 1850m, the centre offers the best possible conditions for training, refuelling and relaxing in a breathtaking mountain setting. For over 50 years we have worked closely with coaches and athletes from 35 countries competing in around a hundred sports. Our experience of high level training has enabled us to develop facilities which best meet your requirements and to acquire the essential skills for all aspects of performance. The centre has numerous sports facilities, an accommodation and catering service, a medical/physiotherapy centre, a recovery area and meeting rooms. It also has a hypoxia training room and chambers and also a heat/humidity area. Our experts can support athletes in very specific areas of high performance. The CNEA is located at Font-Romeu in the Eastern Pyrenees, 1.5 hours from Perpignan, 2 hours from Barcelona and 2.5 hours from Toulouse. To find out more please visit our website: www.cnea-fontromeu.fr The CREPS in Toulouse and Montpellier and the CNEA in Font-Romeu are grouped together in terms of the sports performance services they offer. They would be delighted to welcome you and offer you the possibility of combining your stay across the three sites, where you can enjoy the climate of the South of France.
Established in 1967 to prepare for the Mexico Olympic games, the National Altitude Training Centre (CNEA) in Font-Romeu is at an altitude of 1850 m at the heart of the Catalan Pyrenees Regional Natural Park. The geographical richness and diversity of the setting offers a variety of altitude levels (from 1100 m to 2900 m) and training areas (flat, hills, high altitude, lakes, etc.). In addition to these natural advantages, the centre has the necessary equipment to artificially create environmental stresses: a hypoxia training room, hypoxia chambers and the heat and humidity area.
Since 1968, over 250 athletes have won medals at the Olympic games the year they stayed at the CNEA! Each year more than 3000 athletes come to the centre, from 35 different countries and from 35 different sports.
105 high performance athletes also spend all year at the CNEA in 8 permanent training centres (swimming, modern pentathlon, paragliding, short-track, alpine skiing, nordic skiing, biathlon, snowboarding and freestyle skiing).
The Occitanie region is the top region in France for participation in sport: 77.6% of the population, 3.48 million inhabitants in other words (2018).
Meeting room Internet access Ice bath Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Hospital nearby Relaxation room Physiotherapy room Weights room Film screening room Sauna Vehicle hire service On-site accomodation