Archery Para archery Judo Para Judo Handball Volleyball Modern pentathlon Sitting volleyball Swimming Triathlon Para swimming Para triathlon Boxing Athletics Para athletics Equestrian dressage Equestrian jumping Equestrian eventing
Location: Fontainebleau, 1 hour from Paris and 30 min from the Melun-Villaroche aerodrome. The CNSD is composed of the ’Ecole interarmées des sports’ (EIS) at Camp Guynemer and the ‘Ecole militaire d’équitation’ (EME) located at the quartier du Carrousel. Camp Guynemer 45 hectares
- Military and Civilian physical training centre
- Trains the military physical and sports training (EPMS) specialists of the armed forces
- Trains the French military teams and wounded military personnel undergoing reconstruction via sport
- Hosts 6 training centres (Athletics, Orienteering, Climbing, Handball, Swimming and Taekwondo) to the extent of 70 athletes.
- 2014: Completely renovated with the construction of sporting, accommodation, medical and catering infrastructure.
- 2018: Integration of the CNSD into the ‘Grand-Insep’ network, permitting the hosting of the best of French high-level sport. Partnered with different instances, the CNSD guarantees the necessary services required for the successful hosting of national delegations.
- Cradle of the military equestrian branch
- Home base for the training of the horses and French military cavaliers and equestrian personnel. Located near to Fontainebleau Castle, the quartier du Carrousel is 5minutes away by vehicle from Camp Guynemer.
Quality of life linked to the exceptional environment of Fontainebleau, urban centre located in a forested region of 25000 hectares.
Advantage living in provincial area 1 hour away from Paris
Calm and secure environment 5 minutes from urban centre by vehicle, 30 minutes on foot.
Camp Guynemer: calm and secure in a woodland area of 45 hectares with perimeter fence. Recent infrastructure allows for optimised training and rest. Indoor inclined athletics track allows for all weather and all-season training.
Quartier du Carrousel: direct access to Fontainebleau Forest. Riding tracks near to the camp. Inside and outside covered areas, 6 slot walker, 3 outdoors round pens, Havrincourt ring, a farrier and a vetinary service with operating theatre.
The Bataillon de Joinville of the CNSD has been for many years the preparation centre of the best French high-level athletes during their military service: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, Jean Galfione, Yannick Noah, Thierry Rey, Sébastien Flute, Henri Pescarolo, Alain Prost.
The ‘Ecole militaire d’équitation’ has trained numerous olympic medalled military cavaliers in eventing. The French teams often prepare their major events at the CNSD, via enurement courses to reinforce their teamwork, cohesion and to transcend themselves. In 2016, in order to prepare for the Paralympic Games, the French team completed their final training camp at the CNSD.
High level athletes under contract with the armed forces and the Gendarmerie nationales train at the CNSD.
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Hospital nearby Physiotherapy room Weights room Sauna Vehicle hire service Adapted vehicle hire service On-site accomodation