Canada Lake watersports centre
Commune de BeauvaisBeauvais, Hauts-de-France Altitude : 67m
Triathlon Para triathlon
Located in a natural and green setting of 45 hectares, there are many opportunities to practise outdoor activities, on land or water: its 3-kilometre track, on a stabilised surface, is ideal for running, and there is a lake for aquatic and water sports. Leaving from Canada Lake (http://www.plandeaucanada.fr), you can access 294 kilometres of marked mountain bike trails, as well as low-traffic roads, for completely safe and varied cycling experiences. It is located:
- 1 hour from Paris by the A16 motorway and 1 hour 15 minutes by train from Paris Gare du Nord
- 6km from Paris Beauvais airport (with over 60 destinations in Europe and North Africa)
- 4km from the centre of Beauvais (http://www.beauvais.fr), a town on a human scale, with an abundant and varied range of accommodation, restaurants, shops and services
- 3km from Simone Veil hospital centre (more than 30 medical and surgical specialities)
- A breath of fresh air conducive to outdoor physical activities
- Winner of the European ‘Blue Flag’ environmental award on numerous occasions since 2004, the guarantee of the quality of its bathing water.
- Located near top-of-the-range sports facilities, including the Jules Ladoumègue athletics stadium and the Aquaspace aquatic complex.
• Established in a town renowned for a rich natural heritage, its environmental commitments and an exceptional architectural heritage (https://culture.beauvais.fr), the highlight of which is the Saint-Pierre cathedral and its highest Gothic choir in the world!
The Canada Lake water sports centre is closely linked to the Beauvais Triathlon, a benchmark club in the discipline which has won numerous national and international titles, both individual and team, including the world championship won by Cyril Viennot in 2015.
Since 1986, Beauvais has organised the international Beauvais triathlon here every year, an unmissable event for specialists in the discipline as well as for amateur athletes looking for a great athletic challenge. Over two days, the entire Canada Lake water sports centre is dominated by the triple effort.
Meeting room Internet access Secure storage area Infirmery Hospital nearby Relaxation room Floodlit facilities Sauna