Welcome to Pays Bigouden Pre-Games Training Camp. Being part of the Olympic adventure is a dream for our area, a journey which began with our application to host the surfing events (JO PARIS 2024). Certified « Terre de Jeux », our area offers every guarantee for sustainable sport for all with a global approach. Ideally situated between coast and countryside, close to Quimper airport and railway station, Pont-l'Abbé has numerous facilities and services close at hand : accommodation, swimming pool, water sports centres, sports halls, cinema, shops, thalassotherapy, outdoor activities, hospital, etc. Inaugurated in 2014 by the Olympic pole-vault champion, Jean Galfione, the approved "national level" athletics stadium built to IAAF standards will host athletics and seven-a-side rugby delegations. Well-known for hosting national teams (French modern pentathlon and sprint teams) and organising international championships (Rugby Europe Championships), it is the best-equipped stadium in Brittany. Its MONDO track is identical to those at the Olympic stadiums of London 2012, Rio 2016 and the Beijing 2015 World Championships. Our aquatic complex close to the accommodation and training centres is available for use by athletes. Our Tourist Office staff have all the necessary knowledge and skills to meet all requests and needs of the Olympic and Paralympic delegations and to make them feel most welcome. Benefit from optimal, secure training conditions in an exceptional environment.
- A wide range of quality accommodation close to training facilities (hotels, campsites, gites, etc.)
- Quality restaurant and catering service featuring a variety of local produce (fish, seafood, fruit and vegetables, etc.) provided by professionals ready to meet the specific needs of athletes.
- A warm welcome and support from the Tourist Office staff, who speak English, German and Spanish, to help you organise your stay.
- 12 hectares of conservation areas, an internationally renowned surf spot (La Torche – Plomeur), 90 km of coastline, a magnificent setting for outdoor activities (walking, cycling, water sports, etc.)
- An impressive cultural identity (maritime heritage, Bigouden museum, Fest Noz (Breton music and dance), Haliotika Fishing Discovery Centre, gourmet food, etc.).
- Area was a candidate to host the surfing events at PARIS 2024 Olympic Games
- National athletic training courses run by FFA : relay, jumping.
- Regular hosts of the French national modern pentathlon team
- Venue for U20 Rugby Europe Championships
- Surfing « Pôle Espoir » (training centre for young ‘up-and-coming’ surfers)
- Organisation of regional, national and international water sport events (Junior Pro La Torche, Wave Games, Brittany Surfing and Standup Paddle-boarding Championships)
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Hospital nearby Relaxation room Physiotherapy room Weights room Vehicle hire service Adapted vehicle hire service