The Aviron Marne & Joinville, or AMJ, rowing club is on the Marne river banks in the heart of Joinville-le-Pont city, 20 minutes from downtown Paris and from the Vaires-sur-Marne Olympic centre. Its spreads over 4500sq meters in 2 different compounds. Fit for high level physical preparation with ergometer and workout halls, the AMJ also offers two seminar rooms for team meetings as well as two bars to relax after training. The Aviron Marne & Joinville is the third oldest rowing club in France. Created in 1876, this sports organisation of over 600 members is focused on both competition and leisure, the AMJ has kept alive the boating tradition for 145 years.
- Two compounds, 500 meters apart, both 5mn walking distance from public transports.
- 3 hotels, less than 500m from the Club
- An exceptional location 15mn away from downtown Paris by RER speed city rail and 15 km away from the Vaires-sur-Marne Olympic Centre.
- The Marne, a wide river with still waters, has a 15 km long training game course.
- Two compounds of over 4500 sq meters, one of which is on an island.
- Two pontoons, one of which is 60m long
- Ergometer room with 20 Concept 2 machines and 5 wet bikes
- Workout Hall with 20 machines
- Seminar room with large screen and sound equipment seating up to 200 people
- 2 bars for the break sessions
- For over 150 years, boating and «guinguettes » dance balls on the river banks have made Joinville-le-Pont renown throughout the country.
- Joinville-le-Pont is the cradle of French sports with the « Bataillon de Joinville » military school for high level sports people
- Every year, the « Grand National » gathers more than 130 “Eight with helmsman” on the 6000m head of the river.
- The « Damala Cup », a historical 7000m skiff race
- The French Rowing Federation is located 300 m from the Club
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area International airport nearby Hospital nearby Physiotherapy room Weights room Film screening room Vehicle hire service Adapted vehicle hire service