Fencing Wheelchair fencing
- Beautiful old stone architecture, atypical rooms built between 1956 and 1958 on the foundations of an old water tower.
- A readily accessible site: from the railway station (2 km) - from the airport (13 km).
- Access by B-line Tram, Bergonié stop / by bus line 5, Kergomard stop / Bike racks on site / Disabled access.
- Adapted to disabled sports (motor and visual impairments).
- A Fencing Salle with 12 pistes + 4 private fencing and handisport fencing pistes.
- A clubhouse: “La table ronde” relaxation and catering area with meals adaptable to the athletes’ diets.
- Possible secure and/or closed-door training.
- Provision of physical preparation equipment.
- A cross training room with a sports coach.
- Pierre Beylot, the Salle’s Fencing Master from 1972 to 2000, was the coach of the French Ladies Foil team, Gold Medallist at the Olympic Games in Moscow in 1980 (by team and individually).
- The club’s current Fencing Master, Sébastien Dos Santos, is the coach of the American épée team, 2018 world champion.
- All the international-level lessons and training of the “Bordeaux Etudiants Club – fencing section” take place in this room.
- Most successful club in Bordeaux in all sports, including French premier national female champion in 2019.
- The following started out at the club: Jade Maréchal, relief, trains at INSEP, with the French team and Marion Rousseau, junior, with the French team.
Meeting room Internet access Ice bath Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities Standard competition wheelchairs provided International airport nearby Hospital nearby Relaxation room Physiotherapy room Weights room Film screening room Vehicle hire service Adapted vehicle hire service