The municipal water sports center is located on one side of “L’étang de Berre” with a quick access to the Mediterranean Sea. The center has access to Carro village along the Mediterranean coastline. The center is easy to access, composed of 1200 square meters of buildings and hectares of land. The premises are easily accessible and are a pleasant place for many water activities such as sailing, kayaking … Water sports center welcomes the public for sport and leisure activities.
The water sports center is adjoining to the sports complex (track, gymnasium and weights room), close to a natural park with 130 hectares (running, VTT), the municipal swimming pool, and facilities (hotels, restaurants, supermarkets, cinema). City of Martigues has a dry port with shipshadlers and marine mechanical workshops.
Organization of nautical events:
- Windsurfing world championship in 1998
- Many organizations of laser Europa Cup
- Several editions of International Mediterranean 420 cup, next occasion in 2021
- For over 20 years, hosts French youth sailing championships each year in July / August (minims and espoir)
- French handisail championship
- Each year, the water sports center organizes between 20 and 40 regattas from departmental to international level (sailing dinghy, windsurfing, catamaran and keelboat)
- Each year, handisail activities with the organization of a key day “handiaction”
Professional formation for sailing monitor
Meeting room Internet access Equipment available for private use Secure storage area Infirmery Floodlit facilities International airport nearby Hospital nearby Relaxation room Physiotherapy room Weights room Film screening room Vehicle hire service Adapted vehicle hire service